First thing we did when we got home though was a Beer Store run. We picked up two beers that J never tried before: Brava (THE BEER OF SUMMAAAA) and Czechvar (can you ever go wrong with Czech beer?! Well, not any of the ones that they've exported to Canada anyway).
Got home and got down and dirty in the kitchen. So dirty I had to wear an apron...but I'm always ridiculously messy in the kitchen - honestly, half the shit we cook ends up on the floor (and back in the pan, but don't tell J. Just kidding...sometimes I just eat it.).
First up, guacamole. If you want to be a hit at a party, bring guacamole. ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GUAC OUT.
You need... - as always, amount and proportion is up to your own liking!
- avocado - 2 medium sized
- garlic - at LEAST 4, but I also enjoy having raw garlic breath
- onions - 1 small
- tomatoes - 2 plum/roma tomatoes or 1 large hot house
- lime juice
- splash of milk (THIS IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT MY MEXICAN FRIEND TOLD ME THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR GUAC WORLD!)
- chips/nachos/crackers/whatever you wanna eat it with
- Dice the garlic, onions, and tomatoes - the finer, the smoother; the bigger, the chunkier.
- Halve and pit the avocados - SAVE THE SEED ON THE SIDE, tell you why after.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Throw everything in a bowl.
- Liberally drizzle the lime juice.
- Splash the milk around.
- Mash your heart out!
- Now put the seed back into the guac! It will keep it from browning! Don't ask why.
- Serve with your choice of dipper. We ate it with Kashi Pita Crisps in Zesty Salsa. SO GOOD.
Now for dinner...
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Basil, Tomato, & Cheese
|Stuffed chicken breast with baby bok choy and white rice|
- chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- fresh basil
- diced tomatoes
- cheese - either feta, mozzarella, gruyere, but it doesn't really matter
- Preheat oven to bake at 375 degrees.
- Clean each breast and slice a "pocket" in the middle.
- Layer the basil, tomatoes, and cheese inside, liberally. If you've stuffed your breast too much, use toothpicks to hold 'em shut.
- Season the outside with salt and pepper. You can also sprinkle some cheese on the outside for extra flavour.
- Lay on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Serve with side of rice/salad/veggies!
After slaving away in the kitchen and then stuff our faces, J and I do what she does best - NAILS, but I have no photographic evidence, which means it has escaped my horrible memory. After having a few more beers, we went app crazy. Now, if you haven't used the Action Movie Fx app, GO GET IT for plenty of exploding entertainment. After a few videos, we called it another successful Totes Amaze Tuesday.
We're making it up as we go along, but we'll figure it out!